1. Popular in Latin America social network Taringa! has partnered with MakerDAO and Airtm e-wallet to popularize the DAI token. A pilot program called Taringa Pioneers will reward users who create exceptional content on the platform. Points earned will be converted into DAI tokens via the Maker blockchain platform. Potentially, about 27 million users can become stablecoin owners.
2. Cryptocurrency exchange Binance announced the launch of a platform for margin trading. The management of the exchange emphasizes that the new service should satisfy the needs of both institutional and retail traders. As collateral for margin trading, Binance clients can use Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Binance Coin, TRON, and USDT. Similar to the main platform, commissions can be paid in BNB.
3. Winklevoss Twins' Gemini crypto exchange may join the Libra Association, a consortium that will manage Facebook's cryptocurrency. Brothers Tyler and Cameron announced it this week.
4. Donald Trump said on Twitter that he is not a fan of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, because this is not money, their value is variable and based on air. Also, the US President criticized the Libra "cryptocurrency", urging special agencies to regulate it.
5. Meanwhile, US regulators SEC and FINRA stated that they do not know how to pass their regulations for crypto custody. First of all, because the main requirement for these custodian organizations is to show that they control the existing assets, while the crypto is so weakly regulated.
6. Amazon, Deloitte, Fidelity together with IDEO CoLab created an accelerator for blockchain projects. During the year, the organizers plan to invest in 12 startups.
WTFBit Media writes about blockchain and emerging technologies in a simple way, with humor. We also work with diverse clients helping them effectively deliver the message to their audience.